Fall is my favorite season and for many good reasons! One of them being the FOOD that we are able to start eating again. All of those comfort foods that seem to get tucked away in our recipe boxes over the hotter months suddenly start popping into our heads and onto our dinner tables. We had some cooler weather last week, just in time for the first day of Fall, which inspired me to create this incredibly creamy and flavorful Sweet Potato Soup in my new pressure cooker! Look at the ingredients, simple when they are on their own but delicious when paired together.
I have to just say how much I am loving this pressure cooking thing guys, it has literally saved our weeknight meals when I have been too busy with work to remember to take something out for dinner. Considering I was terrified of using one before I think I have fully adjusted in no time, and the end result of every meal I have made in it is incomparable to the same “stove top” version! Did you see our Pressure Cooker Lasagna we made in it the other week? I am still getting tons of comments from you guys about how blown away you are that it can be made in under 30 minutes…I know right?! Anyways, back to our Sweet Potato Soup!
Pressure Cooker Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ White Onion Chopped
- 2 medium Carrots Chopped
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes Peeled and Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic diced
- 1 can Coconut Milk 395ml
- 1 c Vegetable Broth we use the bouillon powder and add water
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika + Chipotle *add more or less for your spice preference
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Set the Pressure Cooker to sauté function and add in the onion, carrots and sweet potatoes. Allow to cook for 4 mins, stirring until softened.
- Add in the garlic and all spices and sauté for another minute.
- Press Cancel/Stop to turn off the cooker. Add coconut milk (reserving a small amount to garnish if you wish), and broth to the pot along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently stir to mix the ingredients.
- Seal the Pressure Cooker and cook using the Soup Function at medium pressure (depending in your model you may need to use a manual function, check your manual for directions) for 15 minutes.
- After it has finished, and using an oven mitt, apply a quick pressure release to completely depressurize (until the floating valve drops).
- Carefully remove the lid and stir the soup to incorporate all ingredients
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender you want to carefully blend the soup until it is completely smooth.
- Taste for additional seasonings and adjust to your taste preferences. Top soup with a drizzle of coconut milk and chives or basil for presentation.
The addition of the chopped carrots and coconut milk to our Sweet Potato Soup are what really help set it apart and make it so creamy. As you noticed we also added in some smoked paprika with chipotle (this is optional if you don’t like spice) but honestly I am not a spicy food person and this is just the right amount to add that smokey flavor without burning your tongue off. I just love the overall texture of this soup and I especially love how filling it is.
Sweet Potato Soup Shopping List
- Sweet Potatoes
- Coconut Milk
- Vegetable Broth (cubes/powder)
- *spices needed* Smoked Paprika, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cumin
Just think, with a few simple ingredients and no time at all you will be able to serve your family a scrumptious Fall Soup that everyone is sure to love!
Want more fall favorites like this sweet potato soup?
- Pressure Cooker Lasagna – 25 minute dinner
- 34 Fall Soup Recipes – Country Living
- Chicken and Dumplings – one pot meal
- Easy Bone Broth French Onion Soup – Crumb Top Baking