These super light whipped shortbread cookies are guaranteed to melt in your mouth! They are super easy to make with just a handful of ingredients and make more than enough to go around to all your Christmas parties! Even the kids can get in on this one, let them help with the mixing and putting the Christmas sprinkles on top.
If you have a shortbread recipe in your hands already, get rid of it! I promise you that this is THE ONE to keep! Everyone who tries this version loves it and asks for the recipe, it’s nice and light and goes just perfectly with a cup of tea! Mmm, okay I have convinced myself to go grab one to enjoy while I finish typing this for you guys!
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
Makes: Approx 4 dozen
Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- 1 pound of butter 2cups
- 1 c icing sugar powdered sugar
- 1/2 c corn starch
- 3 c flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Christmas sprinkles/decorations for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat
- Cream butter until it is a nice whipped consistency
- Sift together icing sugar, cornstarch, and flour
- Add to butter with vanilla
- Beat in mixer until consistency of a thick whipped cream
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheets and decorate with sprinkles or maraschino cherries
- Bake for 15-20 mins until edges are lightly golden Oven temps vary! Please keep an eye, set your timer for 11 mins and check
- Cool completely before moving from tray!
Looking for more Shortbread Cookie Recipes?
*Chocolate Orange Whipped Shortbread – an update to our classic cookie we shared above
*Shortbread Sticks – BBC Food
*Chocolate Fudge with Shortbread Cookie Pieces – yep you read that right, we stepped it up for this one!
Now…gift ideas for that Creative Person on your list!
Adult Colouring Book (Have you seen these things!? They help to reduce stress and get your creative juices flowing, I personally have a few on my wish list this year!)
Good colouring pencils (if you choose to go with the above suggestion you will need to get them some nice pencils to colour with! Go with vibrant colours!)
Paint Brushes (are they into painting?! Why not get them some nice brushes they would never get themselves! This can be a real splurge…do your research to make sure you are getting what you pay for!)
HeroNeo® 12pcs Nylon Hair Paint Brush Set Artist Watercolor Acrylic Oil Painting Supplies
Santa Fe Art Supply Best Quality Artist Paintbrush Set. Acrylic Oil Watercolor & Face Paint. 15 (+1) Professional Paint Brushes In Travel Case. #1 Best Seller. Lifetime Guarantee.
Magazine subscription for their favourite hobby
A gift card for a “Social Paint Night”! (Haven’t heard of this before? Google it now, who knows you might buy a two pack and go along with them!)
Tomorrow I will give you some ideas for the kiddos! <3 Come back to see what you can bake up next!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing items from the links cost you nothing more*