These melt in your mouth whipped shortbread cookies are incredibly easy to make, using a handful of ingredients you have on hand and they make a TON!
These super light whipped shortbread cookies are guaranteed to melt in your mouth!
They are super easy to make with just a handful of ingredients and make more than enough to go around to all your Christmas parties!
Even the kids can get in on this one, let them help with the mixing and putting the Christmas sprinkles on top.
If you have a shortbread recipe in your hands already, get rid of it! I promise you that this is THE ONE to keep!
Everyone who tries this version loves it and asks for the recipe, it’s nice and light and goes just perfectly with a cup of tea!
Mmm, okay I have convinced myself to go grab one to enjoy while I finish typing this for you guys!
It couldn’t be any easier to whip up these shortbread cookies, with just 5 ingredients!
- Icing sugar
- Corn starch
Looking for more Shortbread Cookie Recipes?
- Chocolate Orange Whipped Shortbread – an update to our classic cookie we shared above
- Shortbread Sticks
- Chocolate Fudge with Shortbread Cookie Pieces – yep you read that right, we stepped it up for this one!
Be sure to PIN these Whipped Shortbread Cookies so you have the recipe on hand whenever the craving hits!
- 1 pound of butter (2 cups)
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 c corn starch
- 3 c flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Christmas sprinkles/decorations for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat
- Cream butter until it is a nice whipped consistency
- Sift together icing sugar, cornstarch, and flour
- Add to butter with vanilla
- Beat in mixer until consistency of a thick whipped cream
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheets and decorate with sprinkles or maraschino cherries
- Bake for 15-20 mins until edges are lightly golden Oven temps vary! Please keep an eye, set your timer for 11 mins and check
- Cool completely before moving from tray!
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
More Christmas Cookies you NEED to bake!
- 25+ Biscotti Cookies
- Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Bars
- No-Bake White Chocolate Haystacks
- Fudgy Hot Chocolate Cookies
Now…gift ideas for that Creative Person on your list!
The following may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Adult Colouring Book (Have you seen these things!? They help to reduce stress and get your creative juices flowing, I personally have a few on my wish list this year!)
Good coloring pencils (if you choose to go with the above suggestion you will need to get them some nice pencils to color with! Go with vibrant colors!)
Paint Brushes (are they into painting?! Why not get them some nice brushes they would never get themselves! This can be a real splurge…do your research to make sure you are getting what you pay for!)
Magazine subscription for their favourite hobby
A gift card for a “Social Paint Night”! (Haven’t heard of this before? Google it now, who knows you might buy a two pack and go along with them!)
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!