Get ready to have your mind blown, this Butter Chicken Poutine is not your “normal” poutine recipe…no no, I decided to use Naan Bread as my fries!
Oh ya, you definitely read that right, and you are going to want to grab a pen and make your shopping list now because this recipe is AMAZING!
And a quick note, since Poutine is a Canadian thing – it is traditionally a pile of fries loaded with beef gravy and cheese curds. There are a ton of variations and I thought it was my turn to create a delicious version to share with you guys.
So, what sparked this GENIUS IDEA you ask?! Well, as part of one of my blogging groups there are monthly challenges using a specific recipe item or dish, in this case it was Naan Bread, we then create a dish and share within the group so that everyone can see what was created.
When I first saw the idea I thought “Pizza! We do Naan Bread pizzas weekly in our house…so quick and easy…” but then I thought I wanted to go further with it and give you guys something you haven’t seen before. And that is exactly what I did!
- Naan Bread
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Butter Chicken Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
Not only is this recipe full of flavor, but it is actually really, REALLY easy to make too!
The butter chicken is placed on top of the crispy Naan Bread (don’t worry I’ll tell you how to do this too) and then smothered in cheese and cilantro.
What isn’t there to love about this dish?! Every single bite that you take leaves you wanting more…it’s a good thing this recipe makes enough to serve 4 dinner sized portions!
So as I mentioned the variations for poutine are really as endless as your own imagination. For this Butter Chicken version there are a couple of swaps you can make if you prefer;
- Chicken breast in place of chicken thighs
- Parsley in place of cilantro – I know there are a ton of you who hate cilantro so this is a good flavor and color swap for you!
- Proper cheese curds rather than grated mozzarella – that’s a switch I will be making next time
- Traditional French fries are also a yummy swap out, but the Naan bread fries really do make this poutine recipe unique
- A couple of things to top it with that would be super tasty as well are plain Greek yogurt or even crumbled goat cheese
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- 1 pkg Naan Bread, you only need 3 for the recipe
- 5-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1 jar Butter Chicken Sauce, I used KFI but you can use any one you love!
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut chicken into cubes and cook according to directions on sauce (generally, you pan fry chicken until browned, add sauce and cook for 5 mins on low simmer)
- Set oven to low broil and place 3 Naan Bread inside (**Keep an eye so they don't burn!) flip after about 2-3 mins when they get slightly crisp and broil additional 2 mins.
- Cut Naan into "fry sticks" and set aside.
- In a small bowl assemble ingredients as follows: Naan fries, Butter Chicken, Cheese Cilantro. Have fun and add as much or as little for the above ingredients!
Serving Size:1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 251mgSodium: 859mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 55g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!