Here it is, day 5 of our Christmas Baking Frenzy!! These Christmas Sprinkle Cookies are sure to become a new favorite, they are perfectly soft on the inside and crunchy and sweet on the outside! I find them perfect for dipping in a cuppa tea and just love how festive they are with their Christmas sprinkles. The best part though? How incredibly easy they are to make!
Do you see what I mean?! Look at how adorable they are, just covered in yummy sprinkles (you could really do these any time of year and just switch out the color sprinkles you use).
These cookies will forever hold a special place in my heart too…you see, while making these with my mom we got a call that my Gramma was not well (she had been in the hospital after falling and breaking her hip) and my mom dropped everything to rush to be with her. I will never forget the sadness I saw on my moms face that day. Not even 2 days later my Gramma passed. But you see, I don’t share this story to make you sad, but instead to remind you to cherish the time that you have with your family and loved ones this holiday season! I will think of my Gramma every year I make these now, and will take the time to stop and remember just how special she was to me.
Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- 1.5 c Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 2.5 c Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Almond Extract or peppermint if you prefer!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 c Butter softened
- 1/4 c Cream Cheese softened
- 1 c Christmas Sprinkles
- In stand mixer, cream butter, cream cheese, eggs, sugar and extracts (vanilla and almond) until smooth (about 5 minutes)
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt. Add to wet mix and combine.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line tray with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl, roll dough into teaspoon sized balls and roll in sprinkles to coat the outside (I gently pushed the sprinkles as I went to ensure they stuck!)
- Bake for 7-9 minutes on middle rack, they will still look pale, only very slightly golden, but trust me they are done!
I couldn’t even wait for these Christmas sprinkle cookies to cool when they came out of the oven, they looked so scrumptious! I devoured 3 of them with a nice glass of milk and didn’t feel the least bit guilty! So what are you waiting for? Get your shopping list read and get baking friends. And don’t forget to come back tomorrow for our next treat.