This post has been sponsored by Yomee Yogurt. The recipe and all opinions are my own.
With summer in full swing I am constantly trying to come up with new ideas for staying cool, and thanks to Yomee Yogurt I am able to beat the heat with these delicious Raspberry Lemonade Yogurt Pops! These popsicles are super easy to make, combining both tangy and sweet flavors with the wonderful creaminess of the yogurt…and they sure are pretty to look at too!
Yomee and I are partnering to celebrate the August 29th launch of their at home Yogurt Maker! (CLICK HERE to check out the Yomee site and get your pre-order in now!!) If you are like me, you always have yogurt on hand for when a craving hits (some are high in protein which makes it super filling and so much healthier than the bowl of ice cream I would otherwise reach for). I absolutely love the concept of the Yomee machine and how incredibly simple it is to always have fresh yogurt at home. It takes 10 oz of milk (regular, soy, almond…whichever you prefer) and a starter pod, and with the touch of a button you are ready to get making your fresh yogurt!
I personally think it is best to set this up before you go to bed so you have the fresh, chilled yogurt in the morning as it takes about 6 hours to come together. And the best part is that there is no sugar or additives! Okay, seriously where has this been all of my life?!
additional benefits of the yomee yogurt machine
- 4 flavors to choose from; plain, strawberry, blueberry and vanilla
- Makes Greek yogurt as well as plain and stirred yogurt
- Use the milk you prefer (you can use soy, almond, regular, and really modify to your dietary needs)
- Keeps yogurt chilled
- Uses a pod to create delicious at home yogurt in just 6 hours
- It is self-cleaning (yep, you don’t even have to worry about cleaning it!)
- Check out how it works here
Normally I eat yogurt with my breakfast, whether it is in a smoothie bowl or just topped with fresh fruit, but I got to thinking “how else can I use yogurt besides my usual breakfast routine!?” and that my friends is how we created this heat quenching popsicle! It is simple to make, and uses just a handful of fresh ingredients (your kids will never know they are actually GOOD for them!).
- 2 c fresh Raspberries
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1.5 c Yomee Yogurt
- zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 c Raspberry mix (from above)
- 1/4 c Yogurt mix (from above)
- Begin with your Raspberry layer. In a food processor (or blender) combine raspberries, sugar, lemon juice and water. Process until you have a smooth consistency with no chunks (about 1 minute). Reserve 1/3 c of the raspberry mix for the next layer.
- Pour into your popsicle molds, filing about 1/3 of the way and place in freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- For the yogurt layer, in a small bowl combine your fresh Yomee Yogurt with lemon juice and zest and set aside.
- Take 1/4 c of your yogurt mix and 1/3 c of your raspberry mix and combine in a small bowl. Again, taking your popsicle mold, fill to the halfway mark and set in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Once your middle layer has set, add the lemon yogurt layer to top off the popsicles and place in freezer overnight to set completely.
Other Ideas for your fresh yomee yogurt
- Yogurt covered fruit (frozen for a cool treat)
- Muffins (the possibilities are endless)
- Loaf cakes
- Smoothie bowls
- Dips and spreads (use in place of sour cream)