A new Christmas cookie favorite – these Cranberry Drop cookies have white chocolate throughout and are super easy to make!
This is a festive cookie for sure, with it’s red bursts of cranberries and little chunks of white chocolate, everyone will enjoy this updated drop cookie!
Christmas cookies are one of my specialties, I have after all been baking them by the dozens since I was about 10 years old.
I find that people love anything with cranberries at this time of year – and I can’t blame them. They are bright and festive and they add a lovely tartness to any sweet cookie recipe.
Cooking time: 10 mins
Makes: 24 cookies (more if you make them smaller)
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Dried cranberries
- White chocolate chips
This recipe was adapted from Taste of Home , though we omitted the frosting as it made them far too sweet for our liking, and also more difficult to make ahead and freeze for our Christmas trays.
Be sure to PIN these Cranberry Drop Cookies so you have the recipe on hand for later!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Biscotti
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- Italian Amaretti Cookies
- Chocolate Citrus Shortbread Bars
- 3 Ingredient Caramels
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl (mixer) beat together butter and sugars until it is crumbly. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Drop by heaping tsp onto a greased (or parchment lined) baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!
Even in their raw state they look so yummy!
Do you have a film buff on your list this year? Here are few gift ideas to keep them happy!
- Movie Passes, that’s a given! Let them enjoy whatever movie is coming out next that they want to see! You can even add on a dollar value so they can hit up the concession stand!
- Goodie pack full of candies, popcorn and flavouring as well as chocolate and nuts! The perfect pack for any movie lover to have a marathon at home!
- Subscription to an at home streaming service like Netflix. This allows them to watch whatever they want, whenever they want at home!
- Do they have an all time favourite actor? Why not grab a bunch of their movies and give them a gift you know they will love! (Do some research and see if you can find movies they were in before they were a “big hit”)!
- Film of the month club subscription, there are so many to choose from! Comedy, Indie, Horror etc. This is a gift that keeps on giving throughout the year.
- Does your city (or a near by one) do a film festival? Grab some tickets to a show or two and gift those! Who knows, they might even get to see their favourite actor in person!
- Movie Poster of their favourite film, framed and ready to hang in their favourite movie watching spot!