A delicious graham cracker crust topped with a pecan filled homemade toffee and tons of chocolate – this Toffee Bar Recipe has everything we love and MORE in each and every bite!
Let’s be honest, there is nothing better than the combination of chocolate and nuts…that is until you add in a thick crunchy layer of homemade toffee!
I promise you, this Toffee Bar is going to blow your mind, it is a show stopping treat to add to any goodie tray you have to make this Holiday Season.
The Story Behind our Toffee Bar Recipe
My obsession with good toffee bars started when I was young. My mom used to come home every payday with a treat for herself, well deserved I must say!
That treat was a Skor bar (which is essentially a rectangle of incredible toffee enveloped in creamy chocolate) which she would eat in teeny tiny little bites to savor each and every moment!
Sometimes we were lucky enough to sneak a bite too, which is where this delicious obsession started.
So of course when I was old enough to start baking we began to try to recreate our favorite chocolate bar but have never come this close.
For may years we made our Saltine Toffee Bars, which is scrumptious, but didn’t quite compare to the classic chocolate bar, and it wasn’t until this year that I finally nailed it! In fact, I think we went above and beyond with this one and you’ll see why soon.
Tips for the perfect toffee bars
- Start by making sure all of your ingredients are prepared and ready to go.
- You don’t want to be chopping nuts at the same time your toffee is bubbling away in the pan
- Though we give a measurement for the amount of chocolate chips you’ll need for this recipe, I always suggest having extra on hand – if it doesn’t quite make it to the edge of your pan you will have issues with cutting later on.
- WATCH your toffee as you are cooking it! When we say constantly stir we don’t mean walk away and watch that Christmas movie playing in the background. This step is VITAL to end up with the perfect toffee for your bars.
- Allow the bars to come to room temperature before trying to cut or you will end up with a crumbly mess.
Be sure to pin this toffee bar recipe so you can come back to it later!!!
Ingredients for toffee bars?
With just a few simple ingredients you will have everything you need to make this scrumptious Toffee Bar Recipe.
You will need;
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Chips
- Brown Sugar
As for your tools, make sure you have a heavy bottomed-sauce pan, a 9 x 13″ baking pan and a good silicone spatula!
You may need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services
LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide
a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
These Toffee Bars hold up beautifully in the fridge, we have kept ours in there for 3 weeks and they are still crunchy and just as fresh as when we made them. We like to keep ours in a tightly sealed container to ensure they are the freshest they can be when we are ready to serve them!
best chocolate toffee bar recipe
Are you ready to see how incredibly easy these bars are to make? I promise you friends, you will want to make these all the time!
Now our bars don’t just have nuts in the toffee layer, we also sandwiched our chopped almonds and pecans between the chocolate and toffee layer to create an over the top toffee bar recipe that will be requested year after year. In fact, everyone who tries it has the same response – Oh my GOSH! This is SO GOOD! Can you make me a batch?! Ha! I can do better than that my friends, I will give you the recipe so you can make it whenever the craving hits
You may also like
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- No Bake Chocolate Haystack Cookies
- Easy Homemade Candy Bar Recipes
- Cookie Dough Bars
- Homemade Thin Mints
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 sleeve Graham Cracker, crumbed
- 6 tbsp melted Butter
- 3 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Roasted Almonds, chopped
- 1 cup Pecans , chopped
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, we use light, not the dark
- Preheat oven to 350 F, generously grease a 9 x 13 " baking pan and set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse graham crackers until they are a medium crumb. Add in the 6 tbsp melted butter and stir to combine. Press into your prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add butter and let melt completely. Add in brown sugar and pecans, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Boil toffee mixture for 5 minutes, making sure to stir constantly. Remove from heat and pour over Graham Cracker base. Using a silicone spatula spread mixture evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle the almonds across the top. Next, cover the entire top with chocolate chips making sure there are no large open spots. Cover with foil and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Chocolate will have a slight shine as it is beginning to melt. Working quickly, use an offset spatula to evenly spread the chocolate across the entire surface, making sure it goes to the edges.
- Place in fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight. Be sure to allow them to come to room temperature before cutting to avoid a crumbly mess (about 15 mins)
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!