This easy one pot Chili Mac is a comforting meal using simple ingredients like kidney beans, strained tomatoes, garlic and onions to create a soul warming dish the entire family will love.
One pot meals are a staple in our house – they make weeknight meals so easy and definitely don’t lack in flavor, plus there is a lot less clean up too which is always a bonus. This Chili Mac is no exception; a simple combination of ingredients come together in under an hour (including prep time) to give you a hearty meal you will devour.
That’s why we were so excited when Megan from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen reached out to see if we wanted an advanced copy of her new cookbook: Incredible One Pot Cooking – there is no house that doesn’t need more simplicity in their routine right now. Be sure to see below for our GIVEAWAY for your chance to win a copy of this awesome sauce book for yourself! Don’t forget to purchase one for mom too with Mother’s Day right around the corner!
- Bell Pepper
- Tomato Paste
- Strained Tomatoes
- Adobe Chilies in Sauce
- Kidney Beans
- Beef (or vegetable) Stock
- Macaroni Pasta
- Cheddar Cheese
- Salt, Pepper, Ground Cumin and Chili Powder
There are a couple of very easy substitutions you can make if you’re looking to make this Chili Mac fit into your lifestyle, whether that be Vegetarian, Vegan or Gluten Free.
If you’re looking for a vegetarian version you will simply want to use vegetable stock in place of the beef stock. If you want to make it full vegan then you will need to also make sure to use a vegan cheese to replace the cheddar. Lastly, if you want to make this skillet meal gluten free a simple switch to corn tortillas will do the trick!
Be sure to PIN THIS RECIPE so you have it for later!
More recipes like this
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
- Weeknight Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie
- One Pot Chicken and Rice – Iowa Girl Eats
Do you want to win your very own copy of Incredible One Pot Cooking?! Be sure to follow the steps listed and enter for a chance to win. Full contest rules are listed on the entry form.
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion - diced
- 3 cloves Garlic - minced
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Bell Pepper - diced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper - small dice
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Adobe Chili with Sauce - chopped
- 1 jar Strained Tomatoes
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans - drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 box Elbow Macaroni Pasta, 280g
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese - grated, divided
- 2 10" Tortillas - cut into strips
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add in garlic, jalapeno and bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes to soften.
- Stir in tomato paste, adobe chili, chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper and cook for 2 minutes - stirring frequently to coat the vegetables.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, stock and pasta and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes (until the pasta is al dente - just below cooked)
- Stir in half of the cheddar cheese, mixing well. Top the pasta with cut tortilla strips and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until top is golden. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size:1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 699Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 1372mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 31g
Note, nutritional values are not always 100% accurate
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!