Share for the love of FOOD!
If you love chocolate chip cookies AND peanut butter cups then this is the recipe you have been waiting for! They use store bought ingredients to make them quick and easy, while being incredibly delicious.
These scrumptious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups will be a new go-to treat for you and your family once you see how incredibly EASY they are to make – you will thank me for sharing them!
Last Updated: January 17, 2020
A Cookie in a Cup?
We decided to make these cookie cups for my nephews birthday this past weekend so we could have as many taste testers as possible (plus he LOVES peanut butter cups…but I mean who doesn’t right?!) and they disappeared right before our eyes! That seems to be the norm when we bring any of our cookies to the party though 🙂
Everyone loved them, from their crunchy cookie exterior to the surprise of the peanut butter cup in the center that’s surrounded by a softer and chewier cookie, everything about these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups is amazing! Ready for the best part?? It is only TWO INGREDIENTS (ha!) told you they were super easy to make!
Be sure to PIN THIS RECIPE so you have it for later!
- Reese Peanut Butter Cups (minis) *now, mine for some reason seem to be smaller than the ones she uses in her recipe…I am thinking it is because I am in Canada and all of our treats seem to be minis of the US minis (lol)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough *I used Pillsbury (a personal favorite when needing something quick and ready to go!) but you could also use your favorite homemade recipe if you prefer! In fact, next time I would try making this with my Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (imagine the insanity on your taste buds mmm)
More Delicious Cookie Recipes:
- Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies – super easy to make and are loaded with chocolate! Perfectly chewy with a little crunch on the bottom
- Fudgy Hot Chocolate Cookies – like your favorite brownie recipe turned into a delicious chocolate cookie and topped with a marshmallow
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – chewy center and crisp edges make this the perfect cookie for dunking
- Chocolate Cherry Thumbprints – filled with cherry pie filling and rolled in toasted almonds
Recipe for Cookie Cups
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- 1 16 oz package of ready to bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 package of Reese Peanut Butter Cups minatures
- Preheat oven to temperature as cookie dough package instructs (normally this is 350)
- Grease mini muffin pans and place a small portion (aprox 1″ ball) of dough in each space
- Gently press down the dough and bake according to the package instructions (we took 3 minutes off the time as they were starting to brown)
- As soon as cookies come out of the oven gently press 1 Peanut Butter Cup into each cookie
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before taking cookie cups out, then transfer to cooling rack until chocolate has set
my tips and tricks for the perfect cookie cups
- Put the peanut butter cups into the freezer to get nice and firm before starting the oven! This will help to keep them from melting too quickly once you place them on the cookie!
- If you get a “log” or tub of cookie dough like we did, just take a teaspoon and scoop it out, gently roll it in your hands before pressing into the cookie tin.
- Grease, grease, GREASE your muffin tins! If you have a bottle Cake Release this would be best (I use this stuff for everything when I need to know it won’t stick, it is so much better than those sprays)
- Keep an eye on your cookies! Our cookie dough said to cook for 12-13 minutes but we took them out just after 10 as they were starting to get darker than I would like.
Be sure to give these cookies a try and let me know what you thought!! Enjoy!